Interesting Facts About The Apple iPhone 5
Apple has grown over the years to become the world’s most successful technology company. Innovation and excitement are two traits that tend to surround all new Apple gadgets, and the iPhone 5 is no exception.
The iPhone 5 is set to break records all over the place – from its feather like weight to the astonishingly powerful A6 chip that makes the whole thing work smoothly no matter what you’re trying to do. It’s also looking like it will set financial records – despite a cripplingly sluggish economy, pre orders for the iPhone 5 could not possibly be stronger.
Here are some interesting facts about the iPhone 5, Apple, Steve Jobs and everything in between:
– The Apple philosophy is truly remarkable. The company conceives new gadgets before the technology to create them even exists, and it then finds a way to bring it to market.
– So eagerly has the iPhone 5 been anticipated that the gadget had sold 2 million pre orders within the space of 24 hours. That means by the time you finish reading this article, about a staggering 4,000 iPhone 5’s would have been ordered.
– Apple was founded in 1976 by two friends – Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
– Steve Jobs was a college dropout!
– The very first iPhone was conceptualized in 2004 where Apple put a thousand workers on a mission to create something that would be simply mind blowing. It was initially called “Project Purple” – the iPhone made its debut in 2007, at the high end of the market and was an instant hit.
– It’s anticipated that Apple stands to earn a massive $144 billion from the iPhone 5.
– Out of a population of 311 million, it’s believed that in 2012 94 million people owned an iPhone. That’s almost one in three citizens!
– 46% of iPhone owners plan to upgrade to the iPhone 5 when launched.
– The legendary Steve Jobs, co founder of Apple had led a very interesting life aside from creating Apple. For instance, he experimented with LSD, dated country singer Joan Baez and was a strict vegetarian. If that’s not enough to raise your eyebrow, he was offered an internship at Hewlett-Packard while he was in eighth grade. Jobs also saved the film company Pixar from going bust, purchasing it from George Lucas in 1986 for $5m. The first film ever released under his ownership was the hit Toy Story.
These facts just go to show how established the iPhone has become – it’s simply the must have, quintessential gadget and is officially the lightest smartphone in the world.